I went to 2 Amigos Restaurant by myself (whah, whah, whaaaah). How sad is it that I went to a place called Friends, and I didn’t have any? As I walked in, they were playing Latin music at a death metal concert level (that means it was loud). After screaming my order to the server, I tried the chips and salsa. They provide both salsa verde and salsa rojo. Both were good, not great, and pretty spicy.
I tried the carne asada (nicely grilled), al pastor (spicier than most), and lengua tacos (a lil’ squishy). I wish I had something ground-breaking or earth-shattering to say about this place, but I don’t. Their tacos are good and are only $2 apiece, so it’s a place definitely worth trying. They come with an apple sauce colored salsa that is pretty sweet and smoky.
I’d say it’s more of a “hey look, there’s a taco place, let’s go” type of place, than “hey, I’m celebrating my quinceanera next week, meet me at 2 Amigos for some killer comida.”
Not a whole lot more to say, so we’ll just move on to the next spot…
Here are the stats:
- Location: 2320 N. Milwaukee Ave., Chicago, IL (Logan Square)
- Tourists: Josh
- Tacos sampled: carne asada, al pastor, lengua (also have pollo, chorizo, birria, carne molida)
- Toppings: onions, cilantro, tomatoes, lettuce, lime
- Salsa: salsa verde, salsa roja, mesquite salsa
- Extras: chips
- Tortillas: corn
- Atmosphere: LOUD Latin music playing on a Touch Tunes. Decent amount of seats. Good service.
- Price: $2/taco
- OVERALL RATING: 6