Taqueria Teloloapan is on Fullerton Ave. in west Logan Square. There are a million taco joints within a couple blocks of here. Justin and I thought about going to one, and then changed our mind and went to Teloloapan.
This place sucks.
Two hungry, growing, strong men (Justin and I) walked in there and ordered six tacos. They left with about two and a half tacos still on their plates. Not a good sign.
The asada is plain and boring. It has a weird taste to it, like they used a seasoning that clashes with the steak. It doesn’t work and offends me.
The chorizo is…..well….have you ever seen people do the cinnamon challenge? Eating their chorizo is like taking the paprika challenge. Not cool.
The one silver lining in this place is the camaron taco. Somehow it’s actually pretty good. If you’re ever at gunpoint and forced to come here, try one of those….or maybe just skip the taco menu altogether (blaspheme!).
Better yet, maybe you should just take your chances…..or go to one of the other places down the street.
Anyway, here are the deets:
- Location: 3641 W. Fullerton Ave., Chicago, IL (Logan Square)
- Tourists: Josh, Justin
- Tacos sampled: asada, chorizo and camaron (also have pastor, pollo, carnitas, chicharron, barbacoa, lengua, chile relleno and pescado)
- Toppings: red onions and cilantro
- Salsa: salsa verde and salsa roja
- Extras: chips
- Tortillas: corn, doubled up
- Atmosphere: musica Lantina, slow, refill phobic, bland, hasta nunca
- Price: $2.10-$2.75/taco
- OVERALL RATING: 5.0